Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Telling a few stories

Thanksgiving has come &gone & Christmas is coming up fast!! I have a few of my decorations up --not the tree yet but will get that yet this week.And am thinking about making the plum puddings.I enjoyed going to Rochester to see Rachel & kids & Peder &Sarah & Relia. They are so much fun to watch them play-Janet got out her dolls & doll bed & the girls had fun with them.Joe played with plastic blocks--they had numbers on them & Joe would say the nunbers in German--up to 20!
Donna has a funny on her email today about men taking messages. Well I have a couple of them also & they are true ones about Vic & Tony Dadey. When Peder was born (they lived in Ill) Steve called my place & Vic answered the phone -Steve told him that Donna had a baby boy &named him Peder.The message that Viv relayed to me was"Peder called & said that Dolly(she was Pudges sister & lived in Conn.) had a baby & named him Steve. I called Pat right away & she was surprised--She called Thelma(Pudges mother) & told her. Thelma was also surprsed & said I didn't even know she was pregnant!!so she called Dolly right away & Dolly has no idea what she is talking about!!!We finally got it straightened out & we have always gotten a big laugh from that story.And another one was a Tony Dadey story. Tony stopped by my house & I told him Denny was coming .Well he went to Pat's house & told her that Ginny (my sister ) was coming.Pat called me & asked why I hadn't told her that Ginny was coming I said O My Gosh I have to go get groceries & clean house !!I asked Pat who had told her that & she told me Tony so we got that one straightened out pretty fast!! But we did learn mot to give those two any messages!!!

2 comments:

DD4 said...

Those are very funny stories.

Thanks for the new post. It's so much fun to hear from everyone.

You're much further ahead with your Christmas decorations than I am. A co-worker came over during lunch time today and put my snowman together and out on my patio. The timer is set to come on and dusk and stay lit for five hours. I think he (the snowman) is so cheery!

I Love Barbershop said...

I copied the stories and took them to chorus. Of course, I had to explain who Tony Dadey and Denny and Uncle Vic were first.

Thank you for all your stories. You keep a smile on all of our faces and that's a good thing!

Love ya Aunt Liz!