Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day weekend

I have enjoyed looking at all the pix that everyone sent of our cruise. I just got hi-speed internet on Sun. thru Comcast. I did not know they worked on Sun but they did. I am just trying to get used to it--I think I will keep my Yahoo email address as I am used to that & everyone has it.
Pat & Pudge were gone for the weekend. They went to Hayward Wis. to Jim & glorias cabin & then they went to Chicago-I think on Mon. SO it was pretty quiet around here until yesterday afternoon. I went for a ride on the Patty wagon(golf cart) Went to Pats house to check on the tomato plants then I went to the Roman Market restaurant to get a sandwich but they were closed so I headed for home. As I was coming down Warner Road I heard sirens so I pulled over & the ambulance & 2 police cars went by--they turned onto the same road I was going to turn so I took off & when I came to the top of Faversham Rd I saw the ambulance in my driveway-I hurried down & my garage door was open & rescue squad & police were coming out the door!!I said "What is going on ?"& police said my emergency signal from Life Alert had gone off! I have no idea how that happened but I must have leaned on somehow --They then called my responders #1 is Pudge & they got him in Chicago( their home calls go to his cell phone). I imagine they called Denny #2 & Barb Parent#3 But they were not home so at that point they call the rescue squad. The policewoman told me they had searched the whole house. I think they were glad when I came tooling up on the golf cart!! I stayed outside for awile talking to neighbor & in the meantime Pudge had called Kari to see if they had been to my house that day.When I got into the house Kari was calling me so I called Pat & pudge to tell them what had happened .While I was talking to them Gemma came rushing in & was happy to see I was OK. Pudge had called her to find out what was going on!! Enough excitement for one day!! & for one week!

3 comments:

DD4 said...

Good grief! That is an exciting news event! Now tell me, did they ask to see your driver's license for driving down a busy road in a golf cart? Just wondering.

I Love Barbershop said...

WOW!!! You certainly know that the "life alert" works good. I almost called you yesterday and then got busy doing something and didn't get back to it.

It will give a lot of people something to talk about.

Are you an Election Judge next tuesday? Or just the November election.

MamaD4 said...

Goodness! Life in Willernie sounds quite exciting. You should start writing a sitcom based on your experiences :)

At least you know that your Life Alert works!