Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cruise & other stuff

The cruise was just fantastic!! I liked it that there were so many people on the ship that we knew-we were always running into someone you knew. Pat ,Gloria, Darcy (Glorias sister)Denny & I got to Seattle about 9:30 am on Thurs. WE had reservations at Holiday Inn Downtown --Gloria & Pat looked for a cab to take us to hotel & They got a limo for same price as cab. That was the first time I had ever ridden in a limo! We went to Pikes fish Market & ate lunch there then I went back to hotel for my nap.We went to a restaurant noted for its sea food for supper.Then when getting into cab to go to hotel I shut the car door on my left leg--Now that really HURT! &did it ever get black & blue. It did not bother me on the ship unless I bumped it but I kept putting ice on it the first few days. On Sat after we got home it started to hurt & get prickly sensations like a bunch of needles & kept it up on Sun. so I went to Dr. yesterday & it had developed a surface blood clot. The Dr. numbed my leg(not enough) & then made a small incision & pushed the clot out. I have to go back Fri. to have it checked.
The scenery in Alaska is just awesome.WE saw whales, dolphins, glaciers, mountains--Linda Pat Gloria Darcy & I took a train tour in Juneau that followed the old gold rush trail-That was fantastic.
Our room said it could sleep 3 but when I walked into room there was no couch like I expected but a bunk bed!!Well guess who was the lucky one to get that?No, not me --I could not have climbed the ladder to get up there so Linda was the unlucky one. She did good!!
I have not had access to internet since Aug 4--Juno could not get it so Pudge sent for a disc & had to reinstall Juno so now I can get on but I am going to change to Comcast & get high speed
internet. I know Pat sure likes theirs now & she gets on the computer more.

No comments: