Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring!

We had 1 day of spring--yes terday! It was a beautiful day --now today it chilly again but no snow in the forecast--lucky us!! I am now another year older but I do not feel any older!! Thanks to everybody who sent me cards--Pat & Pudge ,Kari & fam & Mary Beth were here Sun for a nice dinner that Pat had made & we had a birthday cake & everyone sang Happy Birthday to me then we lit the candles again & sang to Kari & then once again & sang to Pat. We got a lot of mileage out of that cake!! I have rented out the basement to a young teacher until th end of the school year.She was hired at Pats school to finish out the year & she needed a place to live as she lives in Menomonie Wis. I agreed as I knew it was not permanent. Pat & Pudge are getting a new roof put on their house--There are about 8 guys over there working on it. Denny was here this a.m. with plans for an addition to his house. He is going to add a 2nd story & have 2 bedrooms, bath & laundry room up there. He is retired now & enjoys retirement.Don't we all??Pat will retire this year& that will be different for her. I enjoy reading everyones blogs --I check them every day!

3 comments:

DD4 said...

Happy birthday, Aunt Liz! I'm so glad you had such a nice time with your family.

Congratulations to all of the retirees! I'll probably work until I'm 90. I'll let you know how the "working class" is doing. :-)

Peder said...

Happy Birthday!

Brian said...

I am glad you had a good Bithday. I can retire in 16 years.....